Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Slacking Again

Yeah, I have been slacking again but I don't think anyone is reading it yet anyway :)

I am going to take some time during this break between quarters to post a little more about the experience of "attending" an online university and hopefully dispel any myth about these schools being paper- or degree-mills where people just buy degrees. Although my grades have been very good it has still been quite a challenge. A large part of my success is simply my experience combined with the fact that I love to learn. So, more on this later.

A big congratulations to Barry Smith for getting back to school to find further enlightenment. Barry is the author of some really excellent comics at InkTank. Angst Technology is my favorite comic of all and I really like Sorry, We're Open as well. The comics really don't have anything to do with online education but Barry's dedication to his family is quite admirable and worthy of note. If you are an online student and have a creative release or interesting business on the web, shoot me a link and I will take a look at it and maybe post a link here.

0 Comments:

<< Home